Friday, August 19, 2016

Celebrate the Small Things: Fit for a Granny


I gave myself two weeks to find a permanent abode in Darwin. The shared accommodation I had pre-booked was comfortable, but neither cheap or convenient. I needed my own space, and I needed something closer to work, but in the short term the house in which I had a bedroom, and shared every other, was fine, and my hosts and fellow guests were lovely people.

Last Saturday, I looked at three one bedroom units before buying a newspaper and lunching at Subway. There were some private rentals advertised in the property section. Private was what I really wanted because it would be cheaper, including low or no bond, and I wouldn't have to deal with agents.

To cut a log story short, I called about a granny flat in the suburb of
Parap, was told it was still available, that I could come and see it immediately, and was given directions from the city. I had a good feeling about it as I traveled via bus and foot to check it out. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was perfect for me. A fully furnished granny flat including crockery and cutlery for a lower price than I was prepared to pay. Only ten minutes from work and from Darwin city by bus, air conditioned and with a pool, I had found my new home. My host kindly offered to pick me up and bring all my stuff from A to B, I paid him a week's rent in advance, and seven days later, I am all settled in.

I'm super thankful that I found this place which ticked all the boxes. Now all I have to do is stop wishing away the days until I can see my loved ones again. Live in the moment, Dave. Live in the moment.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your new abode! It sounds like you found a lovely place to live too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! You really got lucky finding that place. It's beautiful, has kitchen stuff, and a POOL! Awesome! Congrats on the new place and have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexa. I'm really grateful. Answered prayer. Now that things are settled, I can get back to regular writing and blogging...I hope.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lexa. I'm really grateful. Answered prayer. Now that things are settled, I can get back to regular writing and blogging...I hope.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on finding the perfect home! Fully furnished, air conditioned, and a pool! What could be better? Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete