I really love tea but I never have more than three mugs a day. Yes, mugs, I do not drink from tea cups. Although there are billions of varieties of tea, I generally stick to good old fashioned black tea. I'm a teabag guy, (no pots) and I like it strong in the morning, but weak in the afternoon or evening. I take it with one sugar and a little milk. It is generally accompanied by chocolate in one form or another, and sometimes a cigarette, if I am alone.
Now for some fast facts about tea courtesy of 66 Sip-a-licious facts about tea
- There are an estimated 1500 different types of tea (my 'billions' was a little off the mark)
- Tea is the national drink in Afghanistan and Iran.
- Ireland is the largest nation of tea drinkers per capita.
- China is the world's largest producer of tea.
- Tea is the second most widely consumed drink in the world (you can probably guess number one)
Okay, it's over to you. Share your thoughts on tea, and if you can guess what theory it is I am trying to prove with both my Grape Grapes are Great and Tea posts, I'll give you a digital copy of one of my novels.