Thursday, May 26, 2011

Review: Hit List by Lawrence Block

Hit List (Keller, #2)Hit List by Lawrence Block

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Having read Hope to Die previously, I expected a bit from this Block novel. Unfortunately I was disappointed. I didn't find the KC, Keller, believable. Perhaps because he was not backgrounded. A killer without a conscience who collects stamps. I just din't get him. A lot of the dialogue, especially between Dot and Keller was trite and boring and a bit try hard, trying to be funny that is. As for Dot, I didn't like her at all.

The narrative kept me interested but it was too punctuated by other stuff and the ending was anti-climatic which I think was a comment of mine about Hope to Die. One thing I did really like and appreciate was the lack of detail in relation to Keller's hits. It made the violence in the novel seem...I can't think of what I want to say. Anyway, overall, not such a good read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment