Thursday, November 19, 2015

Celebrate the small things:Trivium and the cool

I love the space inside my car. I love the the look of my car too. Despite its flaws, it's a beautiful thing and it drives well, but it's the space inside that I really love. I love air conditioning, heavy metal music and privacy. These three loves of mine, which are not incidentally my only loves, unite in the space inside my car.


It's hot today, but not inside my car because the a/c is running. In Waves by Trivium is playing and it's the only sound inside my car. I'm alone so no one can tell me to turn it down. This a peaceful place, albeit a mobile one. I'm cool, comfortable and entertained. It's easy to make me happy.


The song is called Of All These Yesterdays, and it speaks of rage  burning the pages of the book of the past, and the ashes covering us. It's a sad, but beautiful song.



These are the little things I'm celebrating today.

6 comments:

  1. Alone time with good music is one of my favorite small blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's something that many people enjoy.

      Delete
  2. A good car is a wonderful thing as in time with music. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, I do, but today the temperature dropped 15 degrees from yesterday so I won't need the a/c.

      Delete
  3. This post really takes me back to the good old days. What a lot of fun I had when I owned cars in the US. Yes, I love that feeling of freedom, giong anywhere, and doing it your own way. (People drive insanely in Egypt so I refuse to get a car here.) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on Lexa. Where's your spirit of adventure. Imagine all the stories you tell of near death experiences on the roads. Enjoy your weekend too.

      Delete