Monday, February 23, 2015

Dracula

DraculaDracula by Bram Stoker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a wonderful book. Once again I am left in awe after reading a classic novel. I had heard about the Count, and seen many movies about Dracula and I'd heard about Van Helsing as well, but now I know. Superb characters, albeit in the case of the three fans of Mina,a little absurd, but Jonathan and Van Helsing. Dr Seward, and his fly eating lunatic patient, the ghouls. Loved it. Dracula is a terrific and horrific story well told, tightly plotted and beautifully described. If ever a book put you somewhere, Dracula puts you there. I can still see the images my mind conjured as I read. Adding to all this was genuine suspense, I actually stopped breathing at some points, racing through the text to see what would happen.

I will read this again one day, but until then I am satisfied to know that I have read a great piece of literature upon which so many other books and films over many years have derived inspiration. Read it...with all your lights on.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment