Tuesday, April 18, 2017

P is for Pelican

I know what you're thinking...a metal band called Pelican? How very un-metal. Nevertheless this quartet has been labelled post-metal, and that is a genre of heavy metal. I told you I'd bring you plenty of variety.

Established in 2000, in Illinois, in the United States, the band consists of Trevor Debrauw (guitar), Bryan Herweg (bass), Larry Herweg (drums), and Dallas Thomas (guitar). Notice I didn't mention a vocalist? That's because they are essentially an instrumental group.

Their latest release is an EP called Cliff. This track is called Deny the Absolute.



2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of 'post-metal', but Pelican is definitely metal. Your links aren't working, for some reason. Found it on Youtube,though. Pretty good instrumental! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOAzNXoSJ1A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sticking with me Debbie. I'll double check the links from here on on in.

    ReplyDelete