Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Art of Rest

Must have been the sun, or perhaps the emotional intensity of the occasion. Or it could have been the large striker who elbowed me in the chest and left me wondering whether I had suffered my third occurrence of rib breakage. More than likely it was a combination of all three that left me feeling very washed out. Considering the lack of sleep I subsequently got on Saturday following an early morning return from the footy, it was unsurprising that I needed a 'chill out and do nothing' Sunday afternoon.

Clearly my self discipline is failing - in a number of areas - but I could not deny myself an afternoon on the couch watching Star Trek, and later listening to heavy metal band, The Ghost Inside. I did nothing but rest. Good on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment