Friday, December 8, 2017

Bubs and work buddies #CTST

Who doesn't love this time of year? The build up to the festive season. The celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ: a hope, love, peace and joy fest which we call Christmas.

I'm just 3 days away from travelling home to see my family so obviously I'm pumped about that, but this week has been noteworthy for a few other things which have caused me to give thanks and praise to my God.

Last night was our Christmas party for work. We went to the Darwin Sailing Club which funnily enough is situated right on the water. I really love the people I work with. We don't have a manager so we operate as a management team who report to the owners of the business. Smart, hardworking and nice people who all put our students first. We had a great night celebrating 2017, and looking forward to an even better 2018.

Of greater note: two of my cousins have very recently become first time dads. I love being a dad, even though my children are young adults now, so the prospect of my cousins and their wives beginning this journey of parenthood together is both exciting and praiseworthy.



How's your week been? Busy in the lead up to Christmas? What are you plans for the festive season?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a wonderful week. What a blessing it is to have great work colleagues, and the babies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as beautiful as my children when they were babies all those years ago, but yes, beautiful. Looking at babies always makes one feel hopeful, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good when the year ends with new life coming into it.
    Have a great 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey David. Kind of late doing but finally have reviews up for Muddy Red River. B&N, Goodreads, and Amazon. (SMH) Good book!

    ReplyDelete