Friday, March 24, 2017

Celebrate the small things: Good things

Good things are just around the corner. True, but good things are already here as well. The pump class at gym this morning was the toughest ever, and during a couple of the routines I literally ran out of strength and could not keep up. On the positive side, I did better than last week, and I recovered quickly. (Even though I can still feel it in my arms now - 3 hours after the event.)

The weather has been pretty nice: relatively mild temperatures overnight (25-26 degrees average- that's Celsius) and a storm or two each day with some impressive lightning shows. They said that last week, during one hour, there were over a hundred lightning strikes. Very cool. Unless, of course, you are on the pointy end of one.

Our company's move to the new CBD premises has been postponed yet again, and our manager has resigned, but we are getting closer to those blue walled rooms with doors, and apparently, a new manager will begin on April 10.

Speaking of April. Monday was theme reveal day for the 2017 A to Z Blogging challenge. This will be my fourth year, and for my theme I decided to indulge in one of my passions: heavy metal music. A to Z: headbanging around the world

I'm very much looking forward to it, and even more so to the middle of Easter when we celebrate Easter: my favourite holiday. Also April sees the end of Eastern Daylight Saving Time in Australia which will bring me one hour closer to my loved ones.

All good. Have a great week everyone.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry about the non-move. How frustrating the back and forth must be! Congrats on muscle pain. I always tell myself it means that something good must be happening. (wishful thinking?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muscle pain can be good or bad. You can tell the difference between a muscle which has been worked hard or one which has been damaged. Actually building muscle requires the muscle to be damaged a bit. That's why those with very well defined muscles are described as being 'ripped' (or perhaps I made that up)

      Delete
  2. My walking regimen (which is pitiful) always leaves me tired for hours after I finish and incapable of doing anything but sitting like a lump. I know if I did it more often I'd get stronger, but I'd rather be working on my computer. Good for you for being to disciplined! I hope you get the new teaching place soon. I think you're the first I've even heard of that thinks Easter is the best holiday. It's 3rd on my list, but only because of the chocolate! lol Good luck with your A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lexa. You know every time I see or hear the word "lump", I think of the great song by The Presidents of the United States. Such a cool track. Easter rates so highly with me because of my Christian faith to which the death and resurrection of Christ is central. Of course I enjoy the massive chocolate binge as well. Are you doing A to Z this year? If so, good luck to you too.

      Delete
  3. I could not believe how many new buildings there are in Darwin since I was last there (2012) - the wave pool and foreshore park are still awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It's got some good stuff (not a lot), but I like it because it's quiet and slow.

      Delete