Friday, October 3, 2014

Busyness

I think I've only done one Facebook status update in the past two days. Mind you, it was a good one. If you missed it, I said that English was a female language because is was complicated and full of tricks. It became an internet sensation with one irate responder questioning the political correctness of such a statement.

Speaking of political correctness, I have one more essay to write to finish my last subject for Masters. The subject is cultural perspectives, and surprise, surprise the major essay (2500 words) is on Indigenous Education. Indigenous education is no longer merely concerned with employing more culturally appropriate and pedagogically efficient teaching methods, but also with educating white Australians about Aboriginal culture.

I don't have a problem with this except that, as with many essays required of university students, so much has already been written on the issue, what new information can I contribute? What original insights and fresh perspectives can I provide? Zero. What I am doing is essentially regurgitating and/or reassembling information. It isn't a very interesting or creative task but it's due midnight tomorrow which may as well be midnight today because tomorrow is NRL Grand Final day.

I'd better get on with the essay. Any thoughts on the regurgitation and/or reassembly of information?

2 comments:

  1. Your deadline has now passed and I hope your regurgitation has been successful in your own eyes. And congratulations on completing your Masters! That's no mean feat. I started a long distance degree in Geosciences (it fascinates me!) but after I completed all the level 1 courses I decided to take a year out to see if I could write a novel. I've never gone back because writing has consumed me. I'd love to go back one day, but there are only so many hours in the day and the cost of it tripled in the UK during the time I've been away!
    Wishing all the best with your results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebecca. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete