Sunday, October 24, 2010

Twilight EyesTwilight Eyes by Dean Koontz

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The good, the bad and the ugly. Good: engaging narrative, good action sequences and characterizations. Bad: I was groaning over historical bits and Koontz trying too hard to place the events of the novel in a particular point in history. It didn't seem necessary to me. Social commentary and recitations of lists of artist and songs from the era. Boring. Really bad: the sex scenes were comical but I'm not sure they were supposed to be. eg. silky streams of semen unfurling...arrgghh! Ugly: Hyperbole in hyperdrive describing the inconceivably gross physical appearance of the goblins and the depth of their evil. Too much. Overall I still enjoyed it but silky streams of semen unfurling...arrgghh!!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment